The Kourantidis family began its career in the foods sector in 1958, when, with the late Christos Kourantidis as its visionary leader, it set up the Regina company – which concentrated in those early days exclusively on honey and royal jelly.
Right from the outset the company produced and marketed the well-known Regina capsules (a healthy and nutritious product made of honey enriched with royal jelly).
During the 70’s and 80’s Regina was the only Greek product to feature in the diet of the British royal family!
Slowly but surely the company grew, adding new products to its repertory and expanding its product range with preserved fruits, jams, marshmallows and pastelia.
These major changes in product range, together with the enthusiasm of the company to achieve ongoing improvement in product quality, led to the crucial decision to move the company’s facilities to premises which would meet its needs more efficiently and thereby allow the company to guarantee its customers even greater levels of service and satisfaction.
And so, in 2006, Regina moved from the old premises in Evosmos, Thessaloniki, to its own new, state-of-the-art facilities in the Sindos Industrial Zone.